Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Play-Date Bust!

Every Tuesday, my mom (Emmy) and I take turns taking one of the girls. Last night was my night with Sophia. I was sooo excited. Sophia and I haven't had the opportunity to bond like Cecilia and I have, so I was ready for a fun and exciting play date! I picked her up after work (around 4), and we loaded the car, and off we went.
Side note: Sophia hasn't been to my house very much. Every time I have a play date, it's either at Emmy's or Kerri's, not sure why, that's just how it has happened. Anyway, I didn't take that into consideration when I was figuring the success of our time together.
Well, Kerri also failed to tell me (until I came to pick up Soph), that she was teething. Great. I know the joys of teething, and they are few and far between. I was determined to make the best of it.
We pulled up to my house, and groggy Soph was sitting nicely in her car seat. When I pulled her out of the car, I set her down, thinking that she would run around (I live on a farm, and she loooves to be outside, so I thought it'd be perfect), well, she didn't. She pointed at my house and said, "side" (inside), so we went inside, but she was really apprehensive to go in passed the foyer. I showed her toys, let her walk around and explore, but she just wasn't feelin it. So she pointed at the door, "side?" (outside). "Oh, okay, let's go outside!" Once we get outside, she runs to my car, looks at me, waves, and says, "Bye? Mommy?" "No, Sophia, we're not going bye-bye, we're going to stay here and play!" She didn't care. She was tired, and crabby. I took her inside and tried to lure her with food, but that did nothing. I knew she wasn't feeling well when she didn't want to eat.
Finally, she started giving me pillows off the couch. At first, I started to smack her with them a little bit, in a sort of came, but she shook her head, as if to tell me that I didn't know what I was doing. I asked her if she wanted to lay on the pillow, and she shook her head. So, I grabbed a few books, laid down with her and started scratching her back---she was snoring in no time.
She ended up sleeping until her mother picked her up, then she woke up all smiley and happy.
It turns out that my sister stopped at Emmy's house before going home, and my mom said that Sophia was a hoot! Well, I guess so, since she slept for 2 hours.
Oh well, hopefully the next time will be better.
Next Tuesday I have Cecilia! And she loooves my house!

No comments: