Thursday, July 31, 2008

Niece #3!!!

Liliana Mae was born today at 10:59 a.m. She weighs 6lbs. 8oz, and is just as perfect as she can be.
My sister Kelly went in Wednesday evening to prepare to be induced the following morning. As the inducing took place, Lily's heart rate should have been fluctuating with the progressive contractions, but it wasn't. They call it a "flat" heart rate, but it doesn't mean "flat line." (Learn something new everyday--I got scared when my mom said "flat heart rate," that's a scary term.)
They ended up doing a C-section, and found that Lily had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck, poor thing! It's interesting because it's almost like history is repeating itself. My mom had me when she was 21 (my sister is 19), and my mom moved out, despite her mother's attempt to keep her at home, and I was a c-section birth as well; although mine was an emergency because I definitely had the cord wrapped around my neck, and my heart had stopped. I weighed 6lbs., 6oz (very close). Interesting. It's also interesting how when I was born, I was considered a preemie and put in an incubator for nearly two weeks, and Lily is just fine. Funny how things change, yet how much they stay the same. :)

No comments: