Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Last Three Years

Cecilia Catherine was born on May 26, 2008. She was a beautiful newborn. (I'm not one for newborns, really. They're usually not that cute, kinda wrinkly, kinda stinky, and generally kinda loud.) Cecilia was different. I saw her little, angelic face, and I couldn't help it--I was hooked. I vowed that day to form a strong relationship with her. I always want her to know she has me. It was (and still is) an amazing feeling...I'm an aunt.
It's funny because I knew I would love her, but I didn't realize just how much I would love her...unbelievable.
She was a good baby from the start--my sister sure got lucky--she couldn't have asked for a better first baby.
As an infant, Cee was able to self-sooth very well. She would play in her crib for the longest time, then, finally, she would holler to let someone know she was ready to come out. She never even tried to climb out of her crib.
I didn't get my digital camera until Cee was a few months old, but these are the very few young ones I do have:






Simply adorable.

More soon! There's a lot of catching up to do! :)

No comments: