Wednesday, June 25, 2008

It's About Time

I am a single female with no children, but I have two nieces (and one on the way!). I have a ton of pictures and a ton of stories, and I can't believe I haven't thought of a blog before today.

I am the oldest of five and have always been back and forth on the whole motherhood thing. I helped raise my siblings, and I'd be lying if I said that I never resented them. In retrospect I know that it wasn't their fault, but I was young and didn't fully understand how to handle the situation. Because of my resentment and teenage angst, I really didn't take advantage of the wonders of childhood...until now.

My sister has two daughters, Cecilia Catherine (3) and Sophia Louise (18 mos), and I have enjoyed nothing more than being a part of their lives. Cecilia and I have become buddies, and it's really cool to watch the two of them grow, learn, and develop. Now that it's not a chore, I really appreciate them. I also really appreciate giving them back. :) I mean that with all the love in my heart.

I look forward to sharing stories and pictures, lessons, and tid-bits.

Enjoy!

No comments: