Thursday, August 7, 2008

PlayDate Success!!!

Tuesday afternoon, I picked Cecilia up after work. She was so excited! (Me too, considering my last playdate was a snooze-fest!) I told her this weekend, that she had to use the potty if she wanted to come to my house, because "Aunt Lisa does not clean poop out of panties!" I was very serious with her. So on my way to get her, I phoned my sister to check on the potty progress. She informed me that Cecilia had gone pee on the potty all day, but she had yet to poop. Great.
When I arrived at Kerri's, Cecilia ran into my arms and kissed me--ready to go play! I made sure to give her the potty-pep talk before getting in the car. First, we went to the store, to pick up a few things. She was a great helper! She carried the basket and helped me pick out the things on my list: toothpaste, deodorant, toilet paper, and laundry detergent. We had everything in the basket when I picked up the laundry detergent, I told her I would carry it because it was heavy. She insisted, "I want to do it by myself!" She's very independent. So, fine, I gave her the bottle of detergent. She learned, in about 10 seconds, that she would not be able to do it by herself, and gave in, willingly.
At my house, we played tea party: Me, Cee, Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and the alien from Toy Story. She allotted everyone crackers and juice, then she was bored, so we moved on. We walked outside. I showed her the pond, and we looked for frogs. It was very exciting. We didn't find any by the pond, but when we were sitting on my porch, a baby frog hopped by. I told her how to hold them, and every time it jumped from her hand she squealed and giggled. It was pretty cute. Then I taught her how to thank Mr. Frog and send him on his way. She was very good about it. We went back in to play Dora the Explorer Candy Land, when Cecilia looked around my room puzzled, and said, "Were's your T.T.?" (T.V.) I told her that I don't have a t.v., I just keep a little one for her (I don't have cable, but I do have a television with a VHS built in that I use when Cee comes over, in case she wants to watch any Disney movies. If she wants DVDs I can put that on my laptop. No big wup.) She was pleased with that, and decided that she wanted to pick a movie. She chose 'Dumbo.'
I guess she's never seen "Dumbo" because she was glued. I made spaghetti with an applesauce appetizer. She liked that. I gave her a little stool to put her dinner on, and she set it up just the way she liked. We sat, watching the movie, and from time to time, she would go grab Candy land and start to play, then get glued again.
That's when it happened. I stepped out on my front porch to call my mom quickly, and Cecilia came to the door. Her legs were bent, and her knees were together--it looked like the most painful pee-pee dance I had ever seen. "Oh, you have to go potty!!! Let's go, C'mon!" She stood up slightly and said, "I no hafta go." I gave her a sideways look, got off the phone with mom, and went inside. She was already back in front of 'Dumbo,' but she immediately said, "I hafta poop." I quickly grabbed her and ran downstairs to the potty with her. When we got there--we were too late. "Oh, Cee, you already pooped!"
"Yes, I awdeddy pooped, Weesa." She said frankly.
"Well, you have to go on the potty, Cee--you're a big girl now."
"I no big girl now. Ima baby. I have baby diapers."
"Aunt Lisa doesn't have baby diapers for you wear, Cee. I only have panties. You have to sit there while I clean up. You cannot move!" She pouted in an animated way--I knew she wasn't too upset about it, she probably felt better since she hadn't pooped all day. I made it seem like a big deal, cleaning up her 'accident' but I really just threw them away. Then I sat on the stairs outside of the bathroom. Not saying a word. Then she said, "I'm all done, Weesa."
She had been sitting for a few minutes, so I cleaned her up, and put her in her pajamas--per mom's direction.
We watched the rest of 'Dumbo' then I told her that we were going to have to clean up and go home.
"I no want to go home, Weesa."
"You have to go home, Cee. You have to say goodnight to Sophia."
"Sophie my sisser. An' I see Daddy and Mommy?"
"Yeah, Mommy and Daddy'll be there, you can say goodnight to them too."
"I know want to go to sweep."
"Okay. You don't have to go to sleep yet, Cee."
"Thanks, Weesa." She smiled, and started cleaning up her toys.
Too funny. I love the conversations we're having. It's amazing the way she interprets things. I love it.

No comments: